The anthology (book of short stories) that my writers group, the Ink Slingers Guild, has been slaving over for months is now released!! It’s called The Ink Slingers Guild presents INTO THE ABYSS!
Here’s the cover:
Here’s the description:
The Ink Slingers Guild is a group of like-minded individuals who come together for support and encouragement. Since its inception the Ink Slingers have continued to expand membership, filling their ranks with some of the best and brightest up and coming authors of our time.
This, the Ink Slinger’s second anthology, is aptly named Into the Abyss. As with the first anthology, Beyond the Threshold, this collection of short stories is based on one of the writing exercises done at every ISG meeting. The exercise is to have three members each pick one word. Members have five minutes to compose a story with the chosen words. As with any creative outlet, members take each other into new worlds the way only writers can.
The words that were chosen this year were: Gravity, Innocuous & Perilous.
Each story is a journey created just for you, so sit back and enjoy as the Ink Slingers welcome you Into the Abyss!
And you can get a copy by clicking here!
Buy it, Buy it, Buy it!! Help support these eleven writers (including moi!) and after you enjoy visiting our worlds, please post a review on Amazon! Thank you and cheers!!
Here’s the quick skinny on how to set up an Author Page for yourself on Amazon:
For those that do not have an Amazon Author Page:
- Go here: https://authorcentral.amazon.com/gp/landing?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
- Click on “Join Now”
- Sign in (or create new login).
- Follow instructions!
For those that already have an Amazon Author Page:
1) Go to Amazon.com and sign in.
2) Go to your author page.
3) Scroll down about halfway and you will see a blue box with “Feedback” as the heading.
4) Find where it says “Are you are author? Visit Author Central”. Click on “Visit Author Central”.
5) Log in.
6) Find where it says “Update your Author Page”. Below that is a line that says “View and edit our list of your books:. Click that link.
7) Find the yellow button that says “Add more books” and click on it.
8) A search box will pop up. Type in the name of your book and your author name. Click Go. You should see your book pop up or be able to scroll though books to find yours. Once you find it, click on the “Add book” beneath the image of your book.
9) It will tell you that the book will show up on your author page within 5 days, Hang tight and it will be there soon!
Okay, so part 1 of this process can be found over here.
Starting with the last bit of instructions on there, here’s the continuance of getting your book up on Amazon!
- All right, now you’re at the stage where you have everything you need. For those of you that are eager to roll, get yourself over to Amazon and get started!
- I kind of jumped the gun on that ‘run over to amazon’ prompt. You are going to have to go to kdp amazon (Kindle Direct Publishing) to get started but it might help you to know what you need to have decided a couple of things before you finish setting everything up.
- That and you need to have your book formatted and ready to go. For both my writing and my eBook formatting I use a software called Scrivener. If nothing else, it has a cool name. No really, I love it for my writing. Plus they have a nice 30 day trial and if you decide to buy, it’s only $40. It does a ton of stuff (a lot that I don’t even use) and it will format in all kinds of different file types. For amazon, I have my story (and all it’s accompaniments) compiled into a ‘.mobi’ file. To upload to Amazon you can also use a ‘.pdf’ of your book. I haven’t tried that so I don’t know how that comes out BUT the ‘mobi’ file comes out beautifully. I imagine it will also take ‘ePub’. I can only tell you what I did but I am sure there are many ways to skin this dinosaur.
- As I mentioned earlier, get yourself over to amazon and log in or sign yourself up. While you’re doing that, you might want to be listening to ShutEmDown by Celldweller, you know some crazy loud music to go along with your crazy loud plan for world domination, one book at a time. Or not. Your choice.
- Once you’re logged in, you will see, at the top of the page: Bookshelf, Reports, Community and KDP Select. The bookshelf is where you end up once you’ve logged in too. This is where your list of books will be once you have them in there!
- At this point, you might find that your brain has grown in proportion to your understanding of this website and you see that you can move along this thing without my help. If so – by all means, carry on quickly and get that book published. If not, I’ll help explain the parts and walk you through the quick version. But that will be another day.